Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday 2 April 2011

Clean Sheet!

Well my skybox has blown out, so as I swore that I’d never trade without live feed my evening racing is again on hold. Managed to get a good few races today at Doncaster and Kempton and I'm very happy with my results!

Finally hit a clean sheet and brought in a 6/6 result! I'm starting to watch what’s happening around me more instead of entering the market as often. When you place a back/lay you concentrate so hard on hoping it goes the right way, then debating whether or not to exit and then the old “well if it goes down a few more ticks my profit goes up by so much” but you’re not learning anything. With stakes the size that I'm using I should enter and then watch what’s unfolding in the market, otherwise I won’t be able to recognise the Déjà vu situations that I can profit from in the future.

The point I'm trying to make is that for now, making profits now is the second priority, understanding the markets is the main aim, I can’t let the feelings I get when I'm trading to get in the way of experience. Wining 50p off a £2 stake sounds good but if you learnt nothing in the process then it was pointless.

So I'm a happy chappy after my trading today, and looking forward to hopefully trading another 6-10 races tomorrow. I'm also upping my stakes to between £2 and £10 pending what the horses odds are, this also ups my concentration and makes me be more selective.

No comments:

Post a Comment