Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday 15 April 2011

Not much Discipline!

Well my trading has been a bag of confusion and more school boy errors lately. I’ve been putting off blogging as something always goes wrong which I'm annoyed at which I feel I'm not in control of, when the bottom line is I am.

I'm still trading too keen, mostly by getting involved when I don't have live feed which I swore I wouldn’t. The US markets can go off at any time at all, so when the timer is over 0.00 or even close to it I should only be watching the trading and not dabbling myself, it’s like having a gigantic “DO NOT PUSH” red button right in front of me, I'm going to want to push it!


But I'm still learning, and every time I win or lose I ask myself why, what went right or what went wrong. I have to remember that that's the aim for now.

Some points of note I’ve learnt over the last few days:

In the US markets a wedge of blagg money can hold it in any place, one race had 750 sitting at 4.5 when its surrounded by 10’s and 20’s so it was obviously blagg. As I thought nobody wanted to touch it, I traded the other horse and looked back after about 30 seconds and it’s gone, with the price down to 3.5. It’s too risky to take a bite out of it as it can have such an influence, if it’s YOUR money I'm taking about then please SOD OFF!!!!

Exit positions must always be decided, I made a great entry and watched my green jump up to about £2 off a £10 stake. Feeling well happy with my entry I just watched and watched, simple quick reverse bounce occurs and I can see my green zone being chomped away at, I felt like I had lost money! I ended up trading out for a poo 9p, so I must always be happy with what I get. Holding onto a rising green not only leaves me out of trading as I'm only watching, but affects your frame of mind when you see the reversal.

And bounces can happen at any time, maybe that's something I will concentrate on, instead of trying to get onto a swing I’ll try and catch the bounce instead!

Many thanks to all that have read my blog so far, hopefully as I improve so will my stakes and it’ll get more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment