Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday 11 March 2011

First Steps

Another couple of races traded tonight, although I'm feeling very tired after a long week so probably wasn’t at my most alert.

Hand full of races on the US markets and two at Wolverhampton. I prefer the US markets as there’s more movement in them, I already feel that if your patient with your entry and look at how much weight is behind each position then eventually more obvious trades become available. But the randomness is still off putting for me, and the presence of spoof money has such a control over the market due to its size, no one seems to even want to take a bite out of it!

There was around a 600 wedge sitting on the back side (I use inversed ladders, so back is on the right) at around 6.0. As soon as it was taken out the back side rose up to 7.0, then a slight reverse occurred down to about 6.6. But why are people so reluctant to take a bite out of it? they simply wouldn't even touch it! Is it because the American markets are all full of novice traders learning the ropes? I would have loved to take a smidge out of it but that was my fall down trading on Wednesday, as it turned out to be real and go right against me!

Trading at Wolverhampton wasn’t as much fun, clogged up ladders and money flying out quicker than Hugh Heffner can blow at a champagne party doesn’t give me as much time to determine if its a good entry point or not, suppose that knowledge will come with time.

I have also figured that subscribing to ATR is a must, I simply need to have live feed, its too annoying KNOWING that the race won’t go off at 0.00 but then having to guess at what time it will. I was caught out at one race, lucky enough however the lay came in, but the inability to trade in running at US races means it’s totally random when my trades turn into irreversible bets, not the way to progress.




If anyone can relate to any parts of my post, please do comment and share your views.

Off to see a medium at the Trafford centre tomorrow, if she mentions anything about Betfair trading I’ll run away screaming!

1 comment:

  1. I got completely caught out by the US not letting you trade during play! Thankfully I had a lay in place and the horse didn't come in otherwise my bank would have taken a nasty little hit. However I will never do that again!

    I always have betfair's site open because the moment you place a bet you are able to watch it via that 'live video' link - can't ever resist watching it to the end! But I agree I too need to sort out a live feed will make it much easier.

    ReplyDelete